looking to change my cordless drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've used my panasonic ey6932gqkw ? 15.6v every day for a couple of years now, and I think it's beginning to loose power, I would like to replace it with something simular, I tried a milwaukee lok tor, it was very powerful, with a great chuck, but I like the compactness of the panasonic, also the battery seemed better on the panasonic.I like the look of the wickes professional , but I have no idea how it performs. I also tried an Hitachi which looked a bit boyracer but seemed pretty powerful.
If anyone has any experience, or knowledge of these types of drills, it would be good to hear from you . Thanks

Sponsored Links
seems to be a bit of a personal thing with most people on here. Personally i cant knock dewalt, i use the 18 volt stuff in pretty naff external onditions landscaping and they seem to stand up to it all. I wouldnt touch wickes stuff with a barge pole

Yes, dewalt tools seem pretty popular, I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I'll have to give them a go.

av had a milwaukee lok tor fer 3 yrs... id take it to bed wiv me but the girlfriend would get jealous :(

Sponsored Links
have you thought about new batteries or charger they are more likely responsible for gradualy reducing power ;)

why replace a good tool thats still working strong

Yes loafer, those lok tors are pretty powerful, and I think you get 3 batteries too.

Good point Big-all ,new batteries would definitely be the cheapest solution

iaith said:
Good point Big-all ,new batteries would definitely be the cheapest solution

dont you believe it mate , you'll find that 2 batts will probably cost you 3/4 of the cost of a new drill plus is your drill still made ?? if it isnt are parts available for it ?? Seen it before where someone has bought new batteries to find that 6 weeks down the line the drills give up the ghost and no parts available to fix it !!
Get a new one ( a lot are available with 3 batteries now ) and try to get one with nimh batts and not nicad

[quote="seaangler]
dont you believe it mate , you'll find that 2 batts will probably cost you 3/4 of the cost of a new drill plus is your drill still made ?? if it isnt are parts available for it ?? Seen it before where someone has bought new batteries to find that 6 weeks down the line the drills give up the ghost and no parts available to fix it !!
Get a new one ( a lot are available with 3 batteries now ) and try to get one with nimh batts and not nicad[/quote]

i was more angling at the same drill or other tool that uses the same batteries

this is where makita[i think]dewalt ryobi bosch and others gain
they are fully flexable have a reasonable range and you can buy all components easily

and if this was say a bosch you would just buy say a jigsaw to get the batteries

I've had a Wickes 4.5 angle grinder for 15 years - and it works as well today as it did when I bought it.

joe

When I bought the panasonic it was the bees biscuits, but two years on I believe technology has moved on, drills have become smaller and more powerful, they still make the panasonic, but I don't think they make all the other cordless tools to go with it. At the moment I've got a total mish mash of makes, I suppose in the future I'd like to get them all the same. As for the wickes professional they're made by Kress which are supposed to be a good German make, but I've yet to meet anyone who's used them.

BMJ power used to do all the servicing of kress (before bmj went to the wall) and i gather that they were not a bad tool at all
Have no idea who has teh service contract now so spares may be a prob
stick to makita , dewalt , bosch etc

i'd go makita too. got mine from b and q. cost a bit more than the net but at least i could see it! metabo look quite nice as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back