looking to get experience with qualified plumber(ipswich)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i've just completed an acredited learning plumbing course(60% towards nvq2). covered all basic aspects of plumbing including hot and cold systems, bathroom an shower installation, central heating and all the jointing and bending stuff. i have also passed the bpec water regs exam.

basically im looking for a plumber who would be willing to take me under his wing and show me the ropes, tricks of the trade. I would be willing to offer my services for free for a short term to get the ball rolling. i have got my own public liability insurance, van and basic tools if that helps. Im 36 and live in the ipswich area.

If anybody has any info on were to look or knows somebody who would be interested that would be much appreciated

cheers
lee

Sponsored Links
Try your local council (re-lets or day to day section), I bet they would be interested in you. Alternativley British Gas academy. Phoning round from the yellow pages is futile as everyone is sooo busy though you may strike lucky. Try doing a few little jobs that you feel comfortable with around the house and for friends etc to build your confidence.
Up here we have a facility called Connexions which would put you in contact with prospective employers, see if you have got one down there.

Good luck! You'll get there eventually.

thanks for that shaun, i,ll give those a try and see what happens, dont think thers a facility like connexions but will have to check

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back