LOUD & VIBRATION noises when hot taps used

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I open the upstairs and downstairs hot taps (and when the washine machine is taking hot water), quite soon after (about when the loft tank is being topped up with cold water) - there is an extremely loud vibration noise which lasts for approx 2/5 minutes. It seems to "move" through the house then stops. I think it is the cold water pipes that are vibrating. I have noticed that if I turn on a cold water tap while this noise is happening, it can reduce the vibration and usually stops it completely. This noise occurs even when the hot water system is turned off and the boiler isnt running
Can anyone help me PLEEEEZ!

Sponsored Links
Could be your ballcock valve in the water tank is hammering.Get someone to turn on the hot taps and listen to see what the ballcock valve is doing.The only other thing I can think of is the water pressure might be too high which can be adjust by turning down the main stopcock until the vibration noise stop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back