LPG questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the domestic NG qualifications but not LPG and a customer is very desperate for me and me alone to change their LPG boiler as I come personally reccomended and they do not trust anyone else.

If I didn't affect their LPG gas supply during the installation, and got a LPG accredited installer to do the gas, would this be legal or would I be working out of scope?

Also, regarding commissioning, could the benchmark be signed off by both of us? I can obviously ensure the safety of all of the installation (bracket, flue, PRV, condensate etc) apart from the gas supply and flue gas analysis during commissioning.

Any thoughts? Should I just walk away?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would say you was working out of scope, having to decommission the existing boiler.

If you want take the job on and ill come down and watch, then cert it for you.

we could have a night out in the smoke as payment ;)

As you're registered for NG then running any gas pipe would not be a problem, my opinion, fitting the boiler and flue would be ok, getting the pipe work checked and tested by lpg installer and he commissions boiler, I can't see a problem.

Cant' see how you could fill in any of benchmark book though although I'm not certain on this.

I have a very good mate who I know is an excellent NG corgi and when he puts in a lpg boiler I commission and test the boiler and installation, but I only sign the commissioning part of benchmark and I notify under my name. I wouldn't do it for a 'stranger' though, so if you know the LPG guy then no probs I think ;)

Sponsored Links
I would walk away to be honest, I know everyone says the only thing different is the turn off burn off rule but there are big issues with material suitability etc. If you are getting someone else in to do everything to do with the lpg you may as well give him the job, surely the customer would appreciate the fact you are not doing it as you don't have the correct qualifications.I like to be pretty sure on n.g, but bloody certain on lpg.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back