Macerators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of putting two brand new bathrooms in my new home. The house is victorian and the main bathroom is only accessible through one of the bedrooms, not ideal. Therefore I decided to split the larger front bedroom into a bathroom and bedroom. I've put a stud wall up and plumbed in a toilet, basin and shower, as the new bathroom is situated in the centre of the house I've used a Saniflo macerator to pump the waste under floorboards and out. The main bathroom also has a macerator fitted and both have discharge pipe work which goes straight down into the main sewer outside. Everything is working fine, however I have just been advised by a friend that it's not ideal to have all toilets in the house running through macerators, is this correct. Also are the discharge pipes OK to go straight in to the sewer, or must they be fitted to a soil stack.

Any advice would be most welcome, thanks!

Sponsored Links
try a seach.

put it this way, macerators are good for pumping liquids, how would you like to unblock one?

[code:1]it's not ideal to have all toilets in the house running through macerators[/code:1]

It's ILLEGAL!

Sh*t blenders!

I've never installed one or used one, but the mere thought of it......

I can imagine a motor ceasing and causing a blade to fly off, through the casing - dowsing people in Macerated Sewage.

Dad was up a ladder pulling the soil stack out of the wall for some DIY. It had been drained and flushed but as he pulled it there was this horrible <SPAT> noise as a slight jet from around the seal exploded over his face.

That nearly made me puke. Just laying one of my infamous cables into a Saniflo would make my arse twitchy! Gotta have some confidence in the porcelain!

Sponsored Links
The people I like most are the ones who install these with waste pipe rather than overflow pipe and run it straight up to the loft, across and back down the outside to the stack.

If you ever have to undo it at the macerator end (which we do unless we are sensible and say to customers, I don't touch them) it has the power not only to coat you with effluent, but the ensuite and the thick cream bedroom carpet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back