Main 30HE combi or other?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone could help I'd be grateful. Our old Baxi has finally given up after 23 years service :( We have decided to replace it with a combi and have been recommended a Main 30HE which I believe is a Baxi. I've read through a few threads on here and this may not be the ideal choice so any advice would be appreciated. We have a 3 bed house with one bathroom, 8 rads in total, electric shower and cold fill washer and dishwasher. Please be gentle with me, this is my first time ;)

Sponsored Links
If you were happy with your old Baxi back boiler then why not go for the Baxi Platinum combi which comes with a 5 year warranty and is very reliable

Thanks for the replies. We've been quoted £598 plus VAT to supply, thought this was a good deal. Most people seem to prefer a stainlees steel heat exchanger and as far as I can tell the 30HE's is not.

Sponsored Links
I think the Platinum is a good choice if you are thinking of selling your property and want to offer this as a selling point, 5 year G'tees are not to be sniffed at. The only disadvantage is the boilers are rubbish (Only joking Potty & Baxi supporters.) The Platinum and Gold versions are just revamped 105E's so they are ok. I have put about 10 of these in and have had 0 callbacks so they must be doing something right. I am a huge fan of Worcester-Bosch and have installed approx 25 this year and again have had 0 callbacks. The Worcesters are very quiet and you have to listen hard to hear them at all they also offer a 2 year G'tee if registered before 30 days of install.Having said all that I believe most of the boilers are similar in this higher end of the market and most installers will promote what they prefer to install.
When you get your quotes always ask about G'tees,Efficiency and get him to quote on new thermostatic rad valves as well as a room stat (If you don't already have them) so you can have a lot of control over your new system.
Finally always make sure the installer quotes for a Powerflush to thoroughly clean your pipework etc before the install, if this little matter is overlooked and a stray bit of solder or grit finds its way into your new boiler then the manufacturer has the greatest "Get Out Clause" for repairing your new pride and joy in the G'tee period.
My final final point is.... Don't expect your new boiler to last 30 years because it probably won't.
Good luck with your search...

have a look at the potterton. basically same boiler but even cheaper. was told 535 inc at pts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back