Making good where coving is removed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Because we have taken down the internal wall between our kitchen and dining room we now have had to remove the coving from around the ceiling to match. In some places the plaster has fallen off, I will make good on this with a quick skim.

Because there is no paint under the coving but probably 10+ layers on the walls and ceilings I need some advise on how to make good before repainting. In the past I have tried to sand down areas where paint has chipped off and repainted them but it has never been very successful because the line always shows through.

Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If you have a line where the original coving was, then try and sand down the line.
Get some filler and lightly fill over where there are maybe still bits of the line left, sand that down, and rub your hand over it, if it feels flush with the wall then you know its covered the line.
before you start to paint on the wall, and specially where you have filled, just dab some paint on the filled bits with a brush before you acrtually start to roll.

Have you seen that new Polycell bodger's product advertised on TV, which is supposed to cover even woodchip paper? I wonder if this would work here?

Was it this one? have anyone used this products?

There's video at the bottom of the page

Sponsored Links
I was wondering about that sort of product but hadn't heard from anybody who has used it.

I was also considering using the skim used over taped seams on plasterboard, this should sand down to a fine finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back