Male tap connectors/male-male 1/2 inch couplings - rare?

6 Sep 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap block tha tis wall mounted. The connections on it are 1/2 inch female sockets, and it came with a couple of flexible hoses that are male one end and female the other. I presume in a normal scenario this would be connected via an isolating valve, to a female tap connector - and there seem to be loads of these in the world. I have a manifolded system where the isolation valve is on the other end of the pipe so I don't specifically need an iso valve at the appliance end, so I've been looking for either a male tap connector or a simple male-male coupler with 1/2 inch on either end. While I can find 1/2 male to 15mm compression quite easily, the male-male couplers seem quite rare, and I have yet to find any evidence that a male tap connector exists in any of the push fit plumbing ranges..

Is the simplest/cheapest solution to just put an iso valve in (that will never be used) to adapt the female into a male, and then put a regular speedfit tap connector on that? Or maybe is the thread on the compression end of a 1/2inch to 15mm comp coupler also 1/2 inch, and I can remove and discard the nut and olive, and use the coupler part only?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links