Marley Clay Roof Tile Adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can some one help me please?

I am currently fitting a Velux window into a roof tiled with clay roof tiles. The problem I have is after fitting the flashing kit, I have had to cut a number of tiles to fit into the gaps between the whole tiles.. The question is how to secure these? I would like to be able to use some sort of adhesive, but is there anything with a long lifespan that would suit attaching clay tiles to aluminium flashing? If not, what other way would you suggest of attaching these small pieces of tile?

Thanks for your ideas :D

Sponsored Links
Something not quite right here, the tiles should have equal gap on each side plus the roof rafter should be double on each side as well. All the details should be on the instruction. A photo would be great if you can.

If the tile cuts are wide enough they should just catch the lathes either side of the flashing. Drill a hole where you need it and nail thro' tile onto lath. If they don't catch the lath, do you need them at all. Weather mate sealant from Screwfix is an excellent sealant/adhesive it comes in clear or black.

Sponsored Links
When fitting ours, we ordered wider (1 1/2 times bigger) tiles.

This allowed us to replace the tile, including the tile next to any tiles which needed to be cut, with one tile rather then 1/2 a tile.

So instead of one and a half tiles we have one tile. I think the trade name for the larger tile is a "Tile and a Half"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back