maximum security prison mesh fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently went over to Australia for a holiday and one of my mates
had these security screens put in and they are awesome he was telling
me that they are fitting these baby's to maximum security prisons and
they just look like flyscreens and they can get them for there homes
he was saying something like the toughest mesh in the world.

Wonder if they would make some and send them here (UK)

Think this is them
http://www.crimsafecanberra.com.au/

My mate showed me a DVD of them kicking the crap out of it and
shooting it and stuff like that and didn't do anything to it.

Anyway getting to my point......... Just trying to get over what he showed me
im only new at DIY but i love having a good try i need to know exactly how to mesure up sizes for a sliding door and windows..... can any1 provide me with some help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Crimeshield Security

On the left menu, click onto "Security Grilles"

Similar to Australian design but base in the UK at Blackpool, Lancashire

I would also think about having a good security lock on doors & windows as well.

Just make sure that you know how to get out in case of a fire. It's all very well stopping people getting in but think about the other way round as well!

Sponsored Links
IanDB said:
Just make sure that you know how to get out in case of a fire. It's all very well stopping people getting in but think about the other way round as well!
Yes good point but I think you will find these mesh type are only fitted inside the frame and you can still use the windows & doors the normal way.
I know what you're thinking, it was on the old type which covered the whole windows and doors which I think it's dangerous in case of fire.

Found the head distrabuters for the product found that they offer more info on the product then the first site.
http://www.crimsafe.com.au/

Talking about the fire exit.... found that they have a product called Safe-S-Cape

"Safe-S-Capes are keyless emergency exit products for window spaces. They let you quickly exit in a fire or other emergency, but they are just as hard to penetrate as all our other products because they feature Crimsafe's screw-clamped mesh as well as a triple "anti-jemmy" design that protects the lock."

i think they come up with this idea because of the huge fires they have over there

The stats on these seem to be very resistant to fire..... think i read somewhere on there that they can fit in steel and aluminium... so if the alum melt u still have the steel to melt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back