MDF skirting board in Ireland

B

Belrose

:rolleyes: I live in Ireland (Republic) and cannot find MDF skirting board in plain white wood. I have located oak finish etc but nobody seems to know where to get unfinished or white finished boards. Does anyone know where they are obtainable ? I live on the west side of the country.
Any help gratefully received !

Sponsored Links
heeellooo Belrose and welcome :D:D:D:D

as far as i am aware they are only primed so perhaps you need to ask for "primed" rather than "finnished"!!!!!!

:(

Thanks - I have a feeling that they just don't have any MDF skirtings here that are not finished in some kind of wood effect. The ordinary deal skirtings you get are full of knots and look horrible - it takes ages to sand and apply 'knotting' to all the knots and even then, having primed, undercoated and topcoated you don't get a nice smooth finish. On the subject of knotting, did you know that Liberon make transparent knotting ? It is very good, the standard dark brown knotting can grin through over time.

have you tried a propper wood yard!!!!!

for real wood that is :LOL: the sheds [wicks b&q ect] sell rather poor quality wood

Sponsored Links
Springfarm Architectural Mouldings Ltd
Newpark Industrial Estate
Greystone Rd
Antrim
N.Ireland
BT41 2RU
Telephone: +44 (0) 28 9442 8288

:D Thanks Dingo 1959 - we found some in a firm called Chadwicks in Limerick; it is now lying stacked in the hall as it is 18' long, waiting to be attached ! Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back