MDF Window Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently refitted my kitchen which was a total strip out, floor up ceilings down etc. I have replaced all my internal window sills with MDF window board (219mm wide I think) with a bull nose. I have one more to do but the recess is a little deeper than the rest and I need about 20mm more depth.

My question is - Can you buy a 2.7m length that is wider than 219mm. My local sheds only seem to stock this standard width. Ripping it down is no problem if it is too wide. I only want 1 piece and live in North Hampshire.

Sponsored Links
you can get 5ft by 10ft sheets
but why not join and fill!!!!
use biscuits dowels or even a batton underneath glued and filled

whatever you do make shure its thoroughly sealed as mdf and moisture dont mix

Thanks for the reply. Are we talking about the same stuff here? I'm talking about bull nose window board that is pre-primed MDF. Are you talking about MDF sheets? I must admit I hadn't even thought about cutting out from a sheet of 18mm and routing the bull nose but a purpose made window board would be less hassle.

A word to the wise? MR-MDF (the green core moisture resistant stuff) is best for window boards/linings

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Porker said:
Thanks for the reply. Are we talking about the same stuff here? I'm talking about bull nose window board that is pre-primed MDF. Are you talking about MDF sheets? I must admit I hadn't even thought about cutting out from a sheet of 18mm and routing the bull nose but a purpose made window board would be less hassle.

your right i had assumed youd made them up
i personaly wouldnt start with the mdf route
because off the absorbtion but even if properly protected you only need a pin hole and whoosh
even green mdf will swell

round here [surrey ]12mm mdf £12 green mdf £36 ouch :rolleyes:

dont get me wrong i love mdf in the right place not to happy about near windows :LOL: ;)

big-all said:
I personally wouldnt start with the MDF route because of the absorbtion, but even if properly protected you only need a pin hole and whoosh even green mdf will swell

Round here [Surrey] 12mm MDF £12 green MDF £36 ouch :rolleyes:

Well it's a bit wetter up here in the Pennines and the green stuff seems to work OK, but you're paying TWICE what I pay for the gereen stuff in single sheets! Wow! You really are RICH down there ;)

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back