medway boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a super medway wall mounted heater and the pilot light works ok but when turn on the hot water tap doesnt start firing up at all so now have no hot water at all any ideas on wht the problem could be please is it fixable myself or do i need to get some one in to take a look,i will say its over 6 yrs old the medway heater
thx all hope someone out there can advise me

Sponsored Links
Probably just a diaphragm , which can be a pain to fit though. Suggest you get a corgi to do it, cos if you get it wrong it could just blow up in your face.

thx for the advice i will get someone to take a look at it are the diaphrams expensive???

Sponsored Links
The diaphragm on these is held on by nut screwed onto valve stem.Have had several instances where the stem has snapped when i opened water valve up.Whoever does the job will have to be careful not to snap this stem when doing repair-provided it hasn`t snapped already.If this has happened new valve unfortunately

I dont recognise or remember that problem or part.

This is a job which I do not enjoy very much as its so difficult to get it to seal when replacing the diaphragm.

On at least one occasion the lower part was distorted and needed replacement or sanding.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back