Mega flow heating system, Electrician needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you get us a better picture of the junction box and try to move the connector blocks out of the way a bit so we can see what goes where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
from what you can see in the joint box, valve 1+2 seem to be heating zones?. you can see the 2 brown motor wires connected together,but no sign of a switch wire connected to open them.

the scr receiver is just a single chanel contoller(http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/drayton-digistat---2rf-wireless-programmable-room-thermostat--1-day-/Digistat%20+%202RF-3RF%20Brochure.pdf)
which is connected to the tank stat.

whats telling the heating valves to open?.

can you physically move each heating valve seperately to manually open positions and hear the boiler firing up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I've tried to move the junction boxes and cables around a bit to make it clearer. There are short lengths joining some of them so when i pulled one out of the way, it pulled another in the way...lol.... but hopefully this may be a bit clearer. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you physically move each heating valve seperately to manually open positions and hear the boiler firing up.

I've tried manually moving all three valves but it doesn't fire up the boiler. I now have the RF2 programmer set on to the constant setting and turned the boiler off and on and i have heat again. But i imagine if it hits the temp at the highest level, it will knock itself off but not fire up again. I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks. Mark.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried manually moving all three valves but it doesn't fire up the boiler. .

Moving the lever only opens the valve for the water, it has no effect on the boiler firing.

The electrical circuits need to be properly energised to fire the boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I would presume that the stats are programable type and there must be a wired programmer on the cylinder stat too

Dont think it should be much of a nightmare to sort and I'm sure if agreeable I can arrange to help Mark if he has not got sorted..David

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Christmas Competition re this thread

You are not allowed to include your own installs.

Hands up anybody who has seen a central heating wiring centre where any of the switched live conductors are sleeved red or brown?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh go on let me :LOL:

keithsheatingjb.jpg

:eek:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am installing one in steel conduit and SWA at the mo :LOL:
(Gas fired system, I'm only doing the stats etc)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving the lever only opens the valve for the water, it has no effect on the boiler firing.

The electrical circuits need to be properly energised to fire the boiler.

manually opening the valve using the lever operates the micro switch which fires the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
turn off the power, take a piece of wire and connect it between the grey wires and the orange wires... ( they are all grouped together )

does the boiler fire?

from what I can see and make out..

View media item 18029
this should be how it's wired now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you get us a picture of the connections inside the SCR digistat reciever?

the extra blue wire is throwing me somewhat.. it only has 5 connections and you have enough wires in for that..

we'd also need a photo of the boiler connections

Sponsored Links