Megaflow V Combi boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which one should I go for?

The current condensor boiler and cylinder are sighted in the garage.

Sponsored Links
The Atmos looks interesting.

Would you say this brings much benefit over a megaflow apart from the central heating side of things.

I am due to move house soon and will possibly be having up to 3 showers. We currently have two showers powered by a Worcester Bosch Highflow Combi which just about works with 2 showers but isn't great, so I Know I need to go down a different route.

Do these Megaflow/Atmos Multi Boilers really power 3 showers at the same time without any noticeable difference.

I'd love to be able to have 2 (occasionally 3) showers that could be on at the same time but thinking this might be un-realistic.

Thinking of using something like a 200mm Rainshower or similar.

Appreciate the advice as most people I know just have combi's and aren't that interested in this type of system.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The Ethos looks very good and cost effective too. It can have a secondary DHW circulation kit added giving instant DHW at the taps. It has a very high flowrate.

At 23 litres/min DHW, that is about 6.5 litres/min to three showers and then cold added taking it over 6.5 to a decent shower rate. Obviously more flow with only two showers and bang on with one - similar with any mains pressure system. Have mixers with pressure equalisation valves in them.

The Ethos outperforms the W-B Highflow.

How about two suitable combis. Have one do upstairs CH and one down. Zoned so cheaper to run as upstairs can be off all day. The two combis will do the showers OK.

Look at this thread.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102568&start=30

Avoid an unvented cylinder. An unnecessary expense, and potential bomb requiring an annual service, when excellent quality combis are around.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to ask a stupid question but what is a secondary DHW circulation kit?

I did think about having two combi's but hadn't seen much on it. Obvioulsy haven't looked hard enough.

I'll have a read through the thread and no doubt come back with even more questions :D

Appreciate the help.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to ask a stupid question but what is a secondary DHW circulation kit?

The DHW draw-off pipe that the hot taps are off loops back to the combi (or cylinder) and is permanently heated and lagged. DHW is available in 2 secs at the taps and no cold dead-legs.

Thanks for the advice DD. So do you think that the Ethos would power 2-3 showers just as well as a Megaflow or the Atmos then.

Or would you need two Ethos Combi's to do this?

Cheers again

Careful!

If you met the village idiot in the street you would probably know. If you met him briefly on an internet forum you may not spot him immediately.

As Borat would say, he may have retardation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back