Megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Getting Desperate

We had a megaflow system installed 2 yrs ago and worked great, recently the overflow has been dripping constantly, and we run out of hot water v quickly (1 x 15 min shower).
A neigbour said to re-charge it so I did as the instructions said , but after 30mins with a hot water tap running and the pressure valve released (thus soaking everything under the overflow) it still wasnt empty! The water supply tap to the megaflow was turned off - surley it dosn't take this long to empty - Does it?

Sponsored Links
It could if it were a big tank and a slow dribble - several buckets of water.

Turn inlet off and open a hot tap - that'll let most of the water out without having to hold the PR valve open. Then hold the valve open to let air in and the rest of the water should come out.
Can be quicker to put a hose on the thing's drain cock.

Its a 250 I think - Stands about 5ft tall, two heating elements (may actually be an older model as sat in its box for about 4 years before being fitted)!

Do you think this will fix the initial problem of running out of hot water and stop the over flow dripping?

Thanks

Sounds like 2 different faults. The mega flow requires it's air bubble to be regenerated at least every 12months 4 its warranty. You should only drain it by the drain cock & open the PRV to let air in then u know its low enough. As 4 running out of hot water ,how long is the boiler on 4 & at what rate was it dripping . 250ltr give's a very very long shower.

Sponsored Links
this is not a job for the customer, anyone installing, servicing or maintening this sort or equipment by law should be BEPEC approved, and will have a I.D card to prove this. call a qualified egineer, this sort of un-vented unit can blow half your home away mate!

Re-establishing the air gap is something an owner can do. Megaflos even have the instructions on the side of the can.

Bugger .I thought it wa called a tin, not a can.......I`d better get one of those acs unvented tickets so I can fit one :oops:

Always thought they was called Buckets or is that gledhill :LOL:

"anyone installing, servicing or maintening this sort or equipment by law should be BEPEC approved"

Oh bugger, you mean my citb certificate isn't worth the paper it's writen on?

Still I'm glad you've decreed that householders can't re-establish the bubble, more work for me, loads a money!

Water systems must be on vacation. He would not be able to resist plugging heat stores.

citb also, don`t know of any others. telling the customer to fault find on any bit of kit i think is dangerous, ok re-charge the dam bubble,but maybe at this point the customer should be informed of the requirment to service these thing,christ we all know what happens if they go wrong.

plumber (new blood) said:
citb also, don`t know of any others. telling the customer to fault find on any bit of kit i think is dangerous, ok re-charge the dam bubble,but maybe at this point the customer should be informed of the requirment to service these thing,christ we all know what happens if they go wrong.

Do we really, perhaps you should enlighten us.

Before you do, Not one has gone wrong in the country ever, so choose your words carefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back