Memera fuse problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi firstly :D

Just need some info on changing a fuse in a Memera 2000 (AP4) box?

We had a toaster malfunction earlier this evening, even though it didn't trip any other switches on the box or the box itself. Our shower now seems to have stopped working with no power going to it whatsoever (Redring expressions 500).

We've had no faults with the shower until tonight. So I can only surmise the toaster burning out somehow effected the shower fuse (but no other fuses in the box show any signs of being effected?)

I'm not a qualified electrician. Other than changing a few plugs and the odd 'fat' fuse. Electric boxes are something I won't tamper with too much.

If someone can instruct me briefly how to get the fuse out, that would be brilliant. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
lol probably the reason I can't see where to change the fuse!
How do the MCB's work?? Do they need changing like a fuse if there is an appliance problem?

they should all be sort of in line
ie all normally pointing the same way

Cant remember mem
But is upwards on most mcb types
If you get what I mean

Sponsored Links
Nope. Thats Memera 21.

See the PDF. There are HRC fuse carriers for the Memera 2000 range.

The OP mentions "fat fuses". They sound like 1361's to me...

I did but i missed them :)

Found em
Ac10
never ever seen them before

the 'fat' fuses I mentioned was in reference to the most experience I've had with fuse boxes lol (they're our central heating ones on the memea 3 box!)

the 2000 box has the little grey pluggy things AD32B is the shower plug one. But like I said none of the other electrics on the 2000 were effected, just the shower one (so I don't know if it is the box or shower!)

I'm not sure how to change the grey pluggy boxes or if indeed that's the problem.

Cheers :D

AD32B is a 32A B curve BSEN60898 circuit breaker, it doesn't have to be replaced after each use like a fuse does, it has a lever on the front, down is off and up is on, just make sure its properly in the off position and then push it back up to the top and the power should come back on :)

Thanks for the replies lads. All switches are up, turned off and then up just to make sure they click to on.

There still seems to be no power going to the shower. It has a cord to pull off and on, would I be right in saying this can burn out or maybe it contains some sort of fuse?? The shower is a Redring Expressions 500?

cheers

Can you post a picture of your consumer unit/fuseboard?

Does you shower pull switch have a neon light on it?
If so does it illuminate when the pull the chord?

If not and you say they all your MCB's are on, then you may have a loose connection. You would need to isolate the supply and check all connections.

If in doubt, call a qualified spark :p

hi thanks for the reply. Ended up calling a 'sparks' anyway. which was always the intention lol

Just wanted to know what I was dealing with beforehand. That old adage 'seen you coming' was what I was trying to avoid.
Thanks kkynaston, seems your diagnosis was spot on. Loose connection in the cord switch itself which burned out the switch.

Again thanks for all the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back