Memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In reply to my question about where the original thread went said:
It was removed. It was clearly and politely stated what was acceptable on this forum and whilst there was no problem with the general subject to be debated, the images and subsequent comments crossed the line.
The image was removed, and I did not replace it.

What followed then was a discussion about what happens, in real life, when real bombs are dropped on real people, and how those who call for such things should properly think through what they are asking for, and properly think about the real implications.

In what way was that unacceptable?

The images and links to them placed on there were viewed by the moderators not to be suitable.
Yet you never view the hate-posts as not suitable, do you?

Do you really think that people do not recognise the rank hypocrisy with which you "moderate" this forum, and the bias you apply?

You have left this post alone, in which Glassman says he hopes the Israelis drop a bomb on Omar Bakri in The Lebanon.

Are you able to explain how that desire, which as we all know is a desire that leads to the death of children, is acceptable on a family site, but pointing out what it leads to, and suggesting that people should really think about things before making such statements is not?

It is for the site owner and the moderators to decide what is and what isnt suitable, within the rules and general tone of this site. Neither is it acceptable for members that are not in agreement with those decisions to air their views in large red defamatory statements.
I was incredibly angry at your appalling behaviour. That post was quoted once by someone else, and you could easily have removed those two and not made the thread hard to follow.

If you have a view on it e-mail admin to discuss it.
Don't worry - I will

If the post had been edited very little would have remained to make it comprehendable.
That's not true, unless what you wanted to remove were posts which inevitably highlighted the bias in the way this forum is moderated.

This is a family site, and as such it is moderated to reflect those values.
That is not true

This post is now locked and any further posts on it will be deleted.
Oh look - the usual censorship to prevent your decisions being discussed.

Running count of the number of times this post has been deleted in an attempt to avoid having to justify yourself:

Sponsored Links
BAS get over it, you dont run the forum so you cant say what should and shouldnt be allowed, there wouldnt be many threads left if it was upto you appart from your own. A lot of members said they thought the picture was in bad taste and agreed it should of been removed. Does there opinion count.?

BAS, you're gonna do yourself some damage. Chill out chap, It's not you versus the world you know.

Eddie M said:
BAS, you're gonna do yourself some damage. Chill out chap, It's not you versus the world you know.
that'd make a good photoshop caption. :cool:

Sponsored Links
jbonding said:
BAS get over it, you dont run the forum so you cant say what should and shouldnt be allowed,
I don't run the country, but that does not mean I cannot complain about the government.

Softus' bullying victim did not run the school, but that does not mean that he would not have been within his rights to complain that the teacher was dealing with the bullying by punishing hom for complaining about it rather than punish the bullies.

I am one of the contributors. here, and with no contributors there is no forum. Of course we can complain when we don't like the way it is run

there wouldnt be many threads left if it was upto you appart from your own.
Err - I'm complaining about the removal of a thread that was not started by me - have you not spotted that?

A lot of members said they thought the picture was in bad taste and agreed it should of been removed. Does there opinion count.?
Of course they do.

So if you and I are in agreement that their opinions count, will you join me in complaining to the moderators and to admin that their posts were deleted?

Eddie M said:
Then join me and write to admin complaining about the policy of the mods...

ban-all-sheds said:
Eddie M said:
Then join me and write to admin complaining about the policy of the mods...

Would it change anything? I don't think so. Remember it's a marathon not a sprint, easy does it.

ban-all-sheds said:
jbonding said:
BAS get over it, you dont run the forum so you cant say what should and shouldnt be allowed,
I don't run the country, but that does not mean I cannot complain about the government.

Softus' bullying victim did not run the school, but that does not mean that he would not have been within his rights to complain that the teacher was dealing with the bullying by punishing hom for complaining about it rather than punish the bullies.

I am one of the contributors. here, and with no contributors there is no forum. Of course we can complain when we don't like the way it is run

there wouldnt be many threads left if it was upto you appart from your own.
Err - I'm complaining about the removal of a thread that was not started by me - have you not spotted that?

A lot of members said they thought the picture was in bad taste and agreed it should of been removed. Does there opinion count.?
Of course they do.

So if you and I are in agreement that their opinions count, will you join me in complaining to the moderators and to admin that their posts were deleted?

Even though the thread wasnt started by you, it was clear you hijaked the thread with posting the picture (i dont mean purposly) and that was the main topic of discusion and one of the reasons for it being removed. I agree it shouldnt of been removed maybe just locked so others can read and have an opinion. It was removed get over it. Im not sure what you want me to complain about to admin?

BAS. From where I sit the forum is biased in YOUR direction.

I have perfectly legitimate posts deleted all the time.

So stop your whining or start your own forum.

jbonding said:
I agree it shouldnt of been removed maybe just locked so others can read and have an opinion. It was removed get over it. Im not sure what you want me to complain about to admin?
How about the fact that it was removed.

If we all just "get over" the things that the mods do with which we disagree, nothing will ever change.

ban-all-sheds said:
jbonding said:
I agree it shouldnt of been removed maybe just locked so others can read and have an opinion. It was removed get over it. Im not sure what you want me to complain about to admin?
How about the fact that it was removed.

If we all just "get over" the things that the mods do with which we disagree, nothing will ever change.

Im not bothered it was removed, it was going the same way as most threads that involve race issues,i have got over it. It wont make any odds complaining the reason for it being deleted has already been given.

OK - fine.

You sit there and accept being lied to.

I'm afraid I can't.

MOD 2

so go post somewhere else :idea:

ban-all-sheds said:
OK - fine.

You sit there and accept being lied to.

I'm afraid I can't.

MOD 2

Lied to about what? if i was lied too it doesnt really matter aslong as i never spotted it ;)

MOD 2 said:
Is that the official DIYnot policy?

The moderators shall lie to the members, and if the members don't like that then they must leave and not complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back