Messing with offset bends

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question: Does the gutter outlet need to be exactly positioned over the downpipe.

I am replacing some plastic guttering and so bought a new stop-end outlet to terminate the gutter at the downpipe end. All the DIY web sites etc. seem to advise this. On closer inspection, however, I see the previous installer used a running gutter then added an additional small section of gutter to extend past the roof edge. The result is that *my* gutter spills out about 3 inches or so past the downpipe location. The old set up spilled out directly over the downpipe.

I haven't yet got into experimenting with offset bends but I reckon it may be possible to configure the right sort of bend so that I finally meet up with the downpipe under the soffit.

Any tips on this?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
You`re right :) just get 2 offset bends, put them in place, and measure the distance ,cut the pipe...use a fine tooth "throw away"saw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back