Metal soil pipe - How Can I Move My Toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change the toilet in my bathroom which has a floor exiting waste. my new toilet needs to sit allot further back in towards the wall than the original (10") and I need to move the position of the waste in the floor.

The soil pipe runs from the fllor horizontally (about 2 feet) to the vertical soil pipe which is embedded in my cavity wall. The soil pipe is metal and has a welded joint.

Can I cut the metal pipe in the horizontal run and somehow connect the toilet to the horizontal part of the soil pipe whilst going around a corner to reposition the toilet? I know you can get rubber joiners and flexable waste pipe, but how do I connect this to my toilet?

Sponsored Links
Can I cut the metal pipe in the horizontal run and somehow connect the toilet to the horizontal part of the soil pipe whilst going around a corner to reposition the toilet?
Best not to attempt plumbing while driving. Using a mobile phone is bad enough :)

But seriously, any chance of a diagram?

Here is the diagram:

WastePipe.JPG

Please help, I'm desperate for the toilet!

Sponsored Links
Assuming your soil pipe is a 4 inch, and you can get to it in the floor space in order to cleanly cut it, you should have no problem making up a new plastic route. Most new pans exhaust horizontally out the back, so you will have two 90 degree angles to make up - its up to you whether to use flexi or 2 elbows, measure up and work it out. As to connecting to the pan (and the soil pipe) the plastic systems are all push fit - dead easy. Not sure if regs allow these joints under floorboards but I don't see why they shouldn't. There is a large available range of these products so you should be ok.

I think it is 4 inch, does that mean the plastic push fit will just push fit inside the metal pipe?

Yes with a ribbed rubber flange supplied with it, in my experience very reliable.

The awkward bit may be cutting the pipe? I think you need 3-90° connectors though? One into the existing pipe in the floor to bring it up vertically through the floor. One to turn towards the pan parallel with the floor and one to connect to the pan. You can connect two of the pan connectors together by removing the finned rubber bit first.
p1071931_x.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back