Metalclad or insulated

AS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
getting single phase / PME supply rerouted underground to surface box - 100A isolator - cable run into house - service connector - splitting meter tails - 2 CU's.
Any reason not to get standard insulated CU ?

Sponsored Links
are we talking about the same job mentioned at//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21146 ?

the golden rule is you don't wan't to be terminating armoured cable to a normal plastic box (the thicker IP rated plastic boxes are OK but you don't tend to get normal sized consumer units in that box style) so if you are planning to go with my suggestion of service connector blocks inside a metal adaptable and tails from there to the CUs then standard insulated CUs will be fine.

Yup .. same job.

Electrician is coming round next week if he has time to look at the job.
What options might he suggest instead of SWA - is there option of other cable type going through conduit and then into house, etc.

I suppose in any eventuality the meter tails will split before getting to the CU so in no situation should it be needed that the SWA would terminate at the CU. Hmm unless I suppose you can run the SWA to one CU and then tails from there to the 2 nd unit - don't know enough about all that - suppose wait and see what he says. Just had that want to order the CU's feeling to kid myself that this house will be completed faster!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back