MI cable in flats earthing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Can anyone help?

I have to do a test before LEB will connect me on a board containing MI cables in a block of flats. There's no earth wire on 2 power radial circuits (because it's MI?) but how do I find continuity of protective conductors (CPC)? Would it be earth to metal conduit pipe? How do I test in this case with no earth wire for these circuits in the board.

Also on the test schedule how do I verify and test main bonding conductor.

Thanks in anticipation!

:confused:

Sponsored Links
it would seem you are not compitenet to do the job as you do not know where the earth is on a pyro, sorry :oops:

You should have "earth tailed pots" on the ends of the pyro, linking to the SHEATH of the pyro, as the sheath IS you earth path for the installation.

The "earth tailed pots" have a flying lead, that should be connected to the earth terminals = Get a qualified electrician in as soon as possible.

Sponsored Links
Millenium, I dare say that the installation is so old that they would not have tailed pots on the Pyro, blocks of flats have not been wired in Pyro for many years.

However Breezer and I are in Total agreement on this.

You are blatently not competent to undertake this work, if you were you would not ask such a question, as such you should phone an electrician/contractor as soon as possible and get it done right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back