Microbore Pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Can anyone advise me, I wish to replace my radiator in my front room, the existing radiator is 1750mm wide and is a single. I want to replace with a 1800 double but the pipework is microbore.

Is this easy enough to extend? is there an adaptor to bring the 10mm microbore up to 15mm pipe?

Also can you purchase 1750mm wide rads any more? this would be a lot easier........

Sponsored Links
10mm pipe, fittings and adaptors are freely available at large DIY stores. Just buy a couple of straight connectors and some pipe and you can extend (assuming you are happy soldering that is). 10mm normall comes in 10m rolls, so it might be a bit costly - if you only need 50mm of so you may be able to blag some from a plumber.

Cheers Stevesey,

do you know if 1750mm wide rads are still available, my wimpey house is 10 years old and I would like to put a double which would involve extending pipes as mentioned, buying a 1750 rad would sort out that...

do you know where I can find one..

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back