Microsoft office 2007

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey ive got microsoft office 2007 complete edition but i want to scan a document into microsoft word. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
having a scanner would help.

i have an ancient scanner, it has an option to use something i cant remember the name of but it will scan and let word actualy edit the text.

read your scanner manual

(or copy / paste it as an image)

Afaict it isn't possible to scan directly into word 2007, you need to scan and save it as a file then import it.

Sponsored Links
well what is twain then? (oh i will go and search, no worries)

breezer said:
well what is twain then? (oh i will go and search, no worries)
technology with an interesting name.

AFAICR, when scanners were first released for sale they did a rush job finding drivers to work with windoze 95, and couldnt think of a name for them, so called the drivers TWAIN. Of course nowadays scanners are simply plug and play technology.

Back in the day I remember waiting 3 or 4 minutes for the computer to process the info from the scanner, during which time it would freeze up and be completely unresponsive! Then again I had a 133Mhz Pentium 1, 1.2GB HDD, 16 meg of RAM. :LOL:

Sparky18 said:
Hey ive got microsoft office 2007 complete edition but i want to scan a document into microsoft word. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks

Start | Microsoft Office Tools | Microsoft Office Document Scanning

Sponsored Links
Back