1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Migrants Immigrants and Asylum seekers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gasbanni, 9 Jan 2016.

1. Absolutely. I agree. That's why I couldn't understand John D and yourself trying to create a disagreement with me. I was simply agreeing with the way Sweden count crimes. Nothing more, nothing less.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. WalksWithTurkeys

WalksWithTurkeys

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes but you commented on a discussion between me and galbanni, giving the impression you were arguing with my response. Okay, we're now on the same track, that's good.

4. Hell yeh!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. fender

fender

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When I get home, I relax with a beer.

When wwt get's home, I think he tries to relax by having a good old heated disagreement....:D.........;)

6. WalksWithTurkeys

WalksWithTurkeys

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That's why you're a gut bucket, and I'm a healthy weight. :ROFLMAO: Sorry, just kidding.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  8. joe-90

joe-90

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It was just on the BBC this morning that Sweden has been covering up sex crimes by migrants as the investigation would be too 'sensitive'.

9. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    Do they do the same with migrants' motoring offences?

I really do not understand the thinking of those in charge.

10. Sponsored Links
  11. It seems this forum is even more sensitive than the beeb on these matters.

12. fender

fender

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Who can ever understand the thinking of those in charge?

In answer to your question though, it's maybe because a parking or speeding ticket is not as serious.

13. fender

fender

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If that's true, it's probably to prevent any backlash against immigrants. In saying that, I don't think these things should be covered up. After all, things like the Rotherham scandal can be the result. Cologne and other German cities / towns tried a cover up as well.

People are understandably upset over recent issues like that which happened in Cologne for example.
    However, the recent attacks against immigrant owned businesses in Leipzig was unfair. They are people who have been there for some time, running a business and integrated / behaving.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WalksWithTurkeys

WalksWithTurkeys

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The BBC news page I refer to interviewed experts who explained how Sweden compiles rape statistics. That means you can check up on what they say. And Wikipedia usually includes sources (some articles are lacking detail) which again means you can check up. By all means dismiss an expert view but I prefer not to do so without reason i.e. proof that they are partially or wholly wrong.

Incidentially there is an article, I think it is on Wikipedia, that shows that immigrants tend to have more criminal convictions than natives, and it tends to be non Europeans i.e. French immigrants to England have roughly the same propensity for criminality. It might be that the level of criminality is inversally related to income level, or education level, or the immigrant. I mention this to show that there is as far as I know no cover up on Wikipedia etc.

Are you sure the Cologne police tried a cover up? I heard they were initially unwilling to make statements about the suspects because they did not know for sure. I might be wrong, but I'd need some form of evidence of a 'cover up'. On a related issue, you might have noticed that police/news reports tend not to state that "a black man was charged with murder" but prefer "a man was charged with murder" on the reasonable grounds that highlighting colour/ethnicity is not relevant (unless they are seeking someone of course).

15. fender

fender

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bit tired tonight for research wwt, but didn't the head of Police in Cologne lose their job over it?
    I think the evidence is there of a cover up through fear of a backlash, but not sure it's the right thing to do.
    I only caught it briefly on the radio today, but other towns / cities were implicated in a cover up as well.

I do take the time to read the sources you quote, but as we all know, statistics can be manipulated to suit, and not all "experts" are right.
    I don't believe anything on face value as such. I look, read, debate and come to my own conclusions - be they right or wrong..;)

16. fender

fender

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I agree with that, but of course the part in brackets does become relevant if the person in question is still being sought.

Edit......

Never mind...you inferred that anyway......:LOL:
    I'm tired tonight - long day.

17. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    Does it become useful in a news report though?

"A white man is being sought"

There's a white man! It could be him! He matches the description! He's a man, and he's white!

or

"White men are criminals. There were dozens of them mentioned on the news"