Millions of homes face higher water rates and meters

Sponsored Links
You know what they say......

If its yellow, let it mellow,

If its brown, flush it down !!

Water shortages in the South-East: ties in well with government plans to build millions more houses in the area!

dg123 said:
Water shortages in the South-East: ties in well with government plans to build millions more houses in the area!

If you cannot raise the water table .. lower the land.
:D :D

Sponsored Links
If it's the one about the little boy and the dike I've never heard of it either. :D

WoodYouLike said:
Do you know that in The Netherlands it is a very UNKNOWN story :D :D

Many a good story gets lost in the netheregions .. Oi, tis either unkown or not ... Very unknown, that's even more unknown than ........... unknown. :cool:
Ok trunky .. Got your drift ;) :D :D

petewood said:
If it's the one about the little boy and the **** I've never heard of it either. :D
Dike?
Dyke?

Here's more madness for you, Mr Moderator, with your desperately flawed auto-censorship system.

There is a country not far from here, where much of the land lies below sea level. That country is the Netherlands, sometimes called Holland.

To keep the sea out, the Dutch (natives of The Netherlands) have built an extensive network of barriers and sea walls.

Their word for such a wall is dijk, rendered in English as dike or dyke.

Now I know that the same word is also used, often derogatorily, to describe a lesbian of excessively masculine appearance.

This is unfortunate, but unavoidable, and you should never, under any circumstances, use the fact that an everyday inoffensive word has a second meaning that you do not like as a reason to automatically prevent its use.

By doing so you unreasonably restrict the ability of people to communicate and accurately transmit ideas, thoughts and information.

I urge you to abandon this illogical, inconsistent and laughably pointless system.

petewood said:
If it's the one about the little boy and the **** I've never heard of it either. :D

B****y H**l I wrote d i k e and the f*****s b****y censored it. I just can't believe that. Even in it's derogatory form it's hardly the greatest of insults.

Perhaps it would be best if diynot published a small list of words that are acceptable to use on the site.

Sponsored Links
Back