Milwaukee tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen them in the Toolfix catalogue and they are dead expensive. Never seen them in real life - what's so special about them? Has anyone actually used them?

Oh and does anyone actually like that awful black and green flash that Hitachi have started using? Looks tacky to me.

Sponsored Links
Oh and does anyone actually like that awful black and green flash that Hitachi have started using? Looks tacky to me.

dont like the colour scheme but like the tools (so far only been using a few of them for a couple of months, but so far so good)

Sponsored Links
I've got my eye on that 9" circular saw. Have you got one of those?

In the May 2006 "Which" report, the Milwaukee T-TEC 201 percussion drill is a Best Buy at £151. Excellent endurance. Easy to use. Two gears. OK on metal. OK at hammer drilling. OK as a screwdriver. Reverse function. Speed lock.

They certainly have nice red plastic carry-cases ;) I use one as a tool-box.

Their latest lithium tools seem better powered, and better value than any of the competition.

They are the professional version of Ryobi

i have just bought a milwaukee breaker.

have yet to try it out though. was pretty impressed with the earlier version i hired a week ago on trial. used to have a 950k kango, lasted well and is still running. keeping that one for core drilling.

ive got the Hitachi Cordless Framing Nailer. It looks like a weapon from the xbox game 'Halo' but works a treat. Cheaper than paslode and designed by the same guy(hitatchi poached him..so i heard), so uses the same gas and nails. Very nice tool.

Ive seen the milwaukee range but never used any myself. I Tend to stick to what u know (Dewalt, Makita, Bosch and Hitatchi).

Have some Milw. bits at work, some good design features, but some of the simplest things like position of for/rev switches havn't been thought out very well.

Also look out for stuff with the bloody removable power leads. Okay if you look after your tools, but if you dont, the rotating plug type leads get to be a pain in the bum

I've used the milwakee toc tor cordless 18v drill. I was pretty impressed with it, the power was great, tho the batteries weren't as good as my panasonic. but then you do get three, and a nice big box.

iaith said:
I've used the milwakee toc tor cordless 18v drill. I was pretty impressed with it, the power was great, tho the batteries weren't as good as my panasonic. but then you do get three, and a nice big box.

panasonic always kings of batteries. they make most of them anyway do they not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back