Mira Event XS vs Mira Excel EV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

We're looking to buy a new thermostatic shower, and have read on this forum that Mira is a good brand. Can anyone please tell me the difference between the Mira Event XS and the Mira Excel EV? They seem to be roughly the same price (on eBay, anyway), but the Event seems to be more popular on this forum. Any reason for this?

Our plumber also says he'll be installing a pump, so I don't want to buy the wrong model. Would a pump be enough for us to have a power shower?

Apologies in advance for any :rolleyes: questions!

Thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
The mira event is a gravity fed power shower with a built in pump, the excel ev is the exposed valve shower mixer that can be used with an external pump.

Thanks, Gasman

We have an open vented system (HWC in bedroom with small tank, plus tank in loft). The shower will be downstairs. Does this mean that we can do without a separate pump and have the Mira Event (without having to connect to the mains)?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, Gasman
:)

Doitall, thanks for the link - those showers look lovely but my budget's already teetering over the edge as it is!
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back