Mira Excel Shower Leaking..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a bit of advice, I have a Mira excel mixer and a mira pump combination for my power shower.

I am now getting a drip approx 1 per sec from the shower head, I think from the hot side.

Can anybody tell me if it is ceramics or washers etc that create the seal in these units?

Reason I ask is I would prefer to have the bits at hand rather than remove the shower and wait for the spares but if it is a washer/o-ring etc I have plentiful selection at work.

And most importantly she who must be obeyed :rolleyes: won't be impressed if she loses her shower for a fortnight.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Okey dokey, service kit will be ordered tomorrow.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are interested KP, did not order the service kit.

Pulled out the catridge and found the hot water ceramic valve not closing fully.It consisted of 2 fixed ceramics and 1 sliding ceramic suitably ported.

So I cured the drip at the shower head but it now drips at the valve assembly on further inspection I found a scratch on the face of the ceramic, when leaking like this it has the potential to leak into the partition space and go undetected.

New catridge assembly on its way.

By the way the poor pump mut have been gasping for cold water as the filter was well clogged up with plastic cuttings, I assume from when the storage tank was drilled for the feed pipe.

I agree, cringe every time I watch apprentice trying to fit the mechanical seals in pumps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back