Mira Ultralux shower trays - where to find them now?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed a 3 upstand mira ultralux shower tray (1222 * 782mm) into our bathroom about 9 months ago. I'm now about to do the ensuite and was going to stick in a 3 upstand 1022 * 782mm tray. I've spoken to Mira today and it seems that the Ultralux trays are not made anymore and they are now replaced by the 'flight' range. The problem I face is that the flight range of trays seems to be narrower (1000mm versus 1022 for the ultralux) meaning that I would end up with a nice gap on one (or both) sides of the shower tray.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a 1022 * 7822mm 3 upstand ultralux tray? I live in Reading.

If there are no ideas, how would I tidily narrow the gap to accomodate a small (1000mm) tray? The new shower tray is going into a recess which is made of of three walls and is (ha ha) 1020mm wide. Before anyone asks, I would have gained the extra 2mm for the ultralux tray by removing some of the plaster...

Cheers
chris.

Sponsored Links
why not stick on two sheets of 9.5mm plasterboard, one on each side =
19mm adheasive should take up the rest

Yep - could do, I was just trying to avoid the extra work, when I know that there are (or were) showers trays around that would have slotted in with minimal effort. Also, adding in 2 plasterboards would mean that I would have a 9.5mm bulge on both the left and right hand side walls, which would be noticeable. Ultimately, this may be my only option.

cheers
chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back