Mixed patio packs how to calculate coverage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am considering buying a mixed patio pack for my new patio:

http://simplypaving.com/view/area/Catalog/section/Details/for/ProductOption/ref/814

The area I have to cover is 2.9m by 4.1m giving a total area of approx 12sqm. The pack I am thinking of covers 10.2sqm and I was then going to buy some single slabs to make up the xtra 2sqm.

My question is how do I work out how to lay the slabs so they fit my particular area when they are mixed sizes.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ah the joy of buying in packs. They work out a diagram as in the advert, however it rarely fits yours. You will be laying it to a random pattern, so you can either go with the flow as you lay it, keeping an eye on what sizes you have left as you do it, or sit and draw it out yourself. You will need to order a little over anyway for any cuts etc.

Have a look at www.bradstone.co.uk as they do a random pattern generator where you can put in the size of the slabs and the the area and it will work out a "pattern" for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back