Mixer basin taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit a mixer tap to my basin. it is one of those with the lever which you lift and turn in one direction for hot and the other for cold. the hot side is fine but the cold keeps running even when in the closed position. there is also a loud screeching noise when closed. i was going to take the tap apart to see if thre is some loose fitting inside but i cant see how i can get into it. can anyone help?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Just had to dismantle one so I could assemble it :confused: (actually I had to take the valve body out to attach the supply hoses)

Depending on the design, the handle may unscrew, revealing a socket head grub screw retaining the top of the valve, or there may be a plastic plug (sometimes the hot / cold indicator) that can be pulled out. There's not a lot in there unless there's something trapped in the valve seat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back