Mixer shower install question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just started to install a mixer shower and just have the one question.
I have put the pipework in the wall and dont have a lot of wall left to secure the two right angle connectors to,is it ok to just bond around these connectors as that will hold them in place real nice ?
I have also just used electrical tape round the pipe before i bond over those as the wall is not thick enought to put the pipes in anything else,is that also ok ?
Many Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
snakeybeaverbitch:wrote
"I have just started to install a mixer shower and just have the one question."

lost me after that can't understand what James Bond did with electrical tape on your pipes :confused:

o............k............ sounds like your having fun anyway.
maybe someone else might be able to help

Sponsored Links
OK i have the pipes in the wall !
I want to plaster over the pipes and was told just to put some tape on them as that will let the hot pipe expand a little without cracking the plaster.
But before i plaster over the pipes i just want to know if i can plaster over the right angle plates which should screw into the wall,but if i did that the drill will be out in the hall.
So can i plaster right the way upto these brass connectors,im not sure what they are called,i soldered them onto the pipe fine,they have to hold the weight of the shower mixed and the oly way i can see them doing that is is i can plaster round them.
Im just not sure if plaster(bonding) will weaken a soldered joint !
Many Thanks
And may the force be with you !
And this is not fun at 8:30 pm
Rob

Ok the bits im talking about are called a wall plate elbow !!!
So to cut a long story short can i plaster over these or not ?
Many Thanks
Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back