Mixer Tap - Hot water dribbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot my problem its driving me nuts!

In the kitchen I have a mixer tap and the hot water just dribbles out. The hot water is fine in all other rooms/taps but not this.

I have removed the head off the tap and inside are little cartridge type mechanisms with washers - it seems in good condition - swapping the hot and cold cartridges left me with the same problem on the hot tap.

I looked and could not see anything blocking the hot water inlet of the mixer.

I checked the isolation valve was opened completly.

I removed the cartridge comepletley and opened the isolation valve and hot water hit the ceiling (well nearly) so does not look like a pressure problem.

Now I am stuck - any thoughts?

Kieran

Sponsored Links
SOunds like a tap designed for mains /high pressure used on a gravity system??

I am not sure of that. I do know it worked for years but has stopped suddenly - good excuse not to do the washing up though!

Oh right. Try the insert at the end of the spout then, sometimes they block with scale, rust etc, and only the mains makes it through ok.
Usually they unscrew.

Sponsored Links
Fixed. Thanks a lot - looks like I was attacking the problem from the wrong end - there was a heap of crap in there. Was not aware they unscrewed there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back