MKIIF Potterton Netaheat 10-16 will not ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone give me some advice. I've just bought a new house and it has one of these boilers installed. I cannot seem to get the pilot light to come on. There is a 1 amp glas fuse which I have changed for new. The coil does click and gets warm but I still don't get the light to ignit. Can someone give me some suggestions of what to look for. I will be replacing the unit but cannot do so at the moment.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I can't see any spark at all. Is the ignition node the grey module connected to the coil??

Sponsored Links
This boiler has no permanent pilot. Sparking isn't the first thing which happens. But its a dangerous boiler - even taking the cover off you're taking a risk you shouldn't. because you won't know how to or be able to test the case seals - even now you know that you have to. Sorry - leave it alone and call someone out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back