"Moaning" Painters

Sponsored Links
hang on, all that masking off, paint flicking into yer eyes, getting paint on things you shouldnt, having to "edge" .i think thats the word..you know where you go round windows, washing paint brushes, prising paint lids off, stirring paint.yeh use one of them padddles in a drill, where it explode everywhere , kicking tins over , bristles falling out , fumes, stripping paint , rubbing down.....

ffs let them moan. theyve earnt it.

regancup.jpg

I think the general opinion of painters amongst other trades is "if you can pi** you can paint".

I hasten to add I dont agree.

My uncle earns very good money from his trade but when I compare his work to my DIY (and a lot of other professional painters) I realise why.

And why should they not I ask myself?

Can only think of one or two reasons?

I have re-assments every 5 years costing a couple of grand
I use heat in dangerous places (not just on a window sill)
I get called out at 2 or 3 in the morning sometimes
I have annual inspections
I have to plaster, do the odd bit of brickwork, electrical work etc
Have to diagnose faults on a very wide range of boilers and system faults.
Pay for Unvented system installs.
Make accurate calculations on pipe sizing, ventilation and heat requirements in properties.

But remember this... the painter has to work out the colour of paint they think is best or the type of wallpaper to hang.

Oh, and do a bit of artex if they are highly trained.

Dave

Sponsored Links
soggy take a couple of mogadons and go to this link
im sure theyll strike up a sympathetic tune for ya. :LOL:

heard them referred to as underatkers because they bury everybody elses mistakes for them. Did a bit when i first started up, bloody hard work all day long. Every other trade leaves stuff in ****e order and thinks oh the painter can sort that/fill it. Its a finished product so the customer has to be 100% happy. i wouldnt want to go back to it

Thermo said:
heard them referred to as underatkers because they bury everybody elses mistakes

Ooooh thermo, you are soooooooo correct.

Now, where do I start.......

Plastereras, lovely lads, :wink, Oooops, I have plaster all over the customers brand new UPVC windows, shame I didnt think to have a damp cloth handy. :rolleyes:

Sparkies... lovely lads ;) Oooops, I have left loads of screws lying on the floor, (who cares if the painter gets one in the knee) :rolleyes:

Tilers... Lovely lads.. ;) Oooops, gone a bit mad with with the adhesive all over the windows and skirtings, (dont matter, the painters will clear it up) :rolleyes:

Carpenters... Lovely lads ;) , left gaps you can get a bus thru, (double decker),inferior wood, ( dont matter if painters gets splinters in thier fingers, what the heck, its not as if dracula was paying a visit)

Yes, we might be further down in the food chain, but we put right others mistakes. :evil:

There is nothing like giving plaster a damn good polish with the float to really pizz a painter off. lol :p

Moaning painters? dah!

Its the other f***in way round chaps.

Customers give us a shed load of grief cos they think they can do the job themselves.They wouldnt tell a spark how to rewire a house or a plumber where to put pipes but everyone THINKS they know how to decorate.

Bit of caulk and a slap of emulsion and every things right...

When the painter goes right up to the suspended ceiling with his roller knocks it all over and spreys pain all over the tiles thats ANNOYING!!!

^woody^ said:
There is nothing like giving plaster a damn good polish with the float to really pizz a painter off. lol :p
:LOL: a couple of young spreads I know did this as revenge on one job :LOL: ........both my Father and his Father were decorators......My G` father....started with wet pumice flatting glossed doors :eek: and eventually completed apprenticeship..........never made a bean, but there`s a few houses that I see that he`s done , including a mansion where he was the only one allowed to work indoors by the titled Lady owner (via the firm who employed him ):cool: Dad did OK and CrawleyNew Town development helped back in the 60`s.....................I`ll bet it`s near as bad£££pro rata now, as it was for Grandfather

All painters & Decorators are normally Alcoholics. Worked in a pub once, the Boss said "Help yourself to a drink lads".

10.30 am the painter fell off the ladder :eek:

wilhelm said:

he (regan) said "playing my piano" when he did that, it was a micky take of Jimmy Durante who was nick named "snoz durante"

and guess what, he did have a big nose

clicky and scroll down, and then click on his pic and see for yourself

'kin hell breezer, your memory is good.

my memory shot to pieces through years of kerosene and self abuse. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back