Modern toilet questions

I think they could be called all sort of names but i am no expert: back to wall, shrouded, fully shrouded, close coupled, enclosed..... clever marketing people love new names/terms.

It looks the same as Motties's one, but with the difference that mine has 2 holes on each side as per my photo (black arrow).
Sponsored Links
From a plumber's point of view, I detest those things, and would like to see them banned, what starts with "while you're here, could you just have a quick look at my loo?", ends with removing a ton of silicone, going to fetch a new flexi pan conn, replacing cheap rubbish plastic fill valve, cheap rubbish flexi tap conn, when an accessible bog would've taken 10 mins.

Rant over
Sponsored Links
Have to agree: flush cisterns peaked with the high level cast iron clank and pull and have declined ever since.
Op, what type of toilet are you refering to. I Could be wrong but Ive always understood a back to wall toilet as being one where only the pan is visible as most if not all close coupled toilets have the cistern back to the wall .Motties looks to me as being close coupled with flush to wall pan?

mine are almost the same as the pic mottie put up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local