moles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help a mole is ripping up my lawn .we have a trap in and have caught one any suggestions
desparate daisy

Sponsored Links
desperate daisy

I had the same problem some time ago in my lawns and veggy patch.

An old timer in the village told me, to find their tunnels which you can follow from the mound back to the lawn edge.

Dig down the side of the lawn edge, find the holes which are usually only about 6 to 12" deep then soak a piece of rag in creosote and stuff it in the hole the way they came in, the smell they don't like as it travels along its tunnels and will go else where, prob on your neighbours. Lol.

once you have caught the mole, why not bury it alive :LOL: :LOL:

(i can't find an audio clip of the jasper carrott how to kill a mole sketch)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all of the above i will go with the creosote
cheers daisy

I sympathise as I had a mole a few years ago and they are resilient little things.

The creosote may well get them out of their current tunnels but may not move them from your garden. Moles choose their tunnel locations very carefully and your garden presses all the right "mole-tunnel location" buttons unfortunately (type of soil, drainage, combination of light and shade, noise etc) and you may simply find another mound somewhere else on your lawn.

Breezer wrote:
(i can't find an audio clip of the jasper carrott how to kill a mole sketch)
Neither can I but the final advice is sound ... "There's only one way to get rid of a mole ... Blow it's bloody head off!"

For the mole conservationists amongst you, catching them is also fine (if you can do it) but make sure that you release them many miles away from your garden ... You may have a "homing" mole!

Remember also that you may be re-locating mummy or daddy mole and leaving all the little kiddie moles to fend for themselves and if they were a one parent family you will be making them orphan moles :(

They make great cat food though but this will attract neigbourhood cats who will poo all over your garden (there's a thread for this however so don't worry) :LOL:

Regarding my mole, the neighbours kids got into Girls Alound and played their music constantly ... We haven't seen the mole since. ;)

If you've caught it, as has been said release it a long, and I mean a long way away, they are amazingly good at finding there way back.

What are you saying, all moles look alike?

That's a little mole'ist if you ask me :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back