Mounting Boxes



I'm helping do some electrical work for friends extension.

The walls aren't up yet, but they are just going to be stud walls (skimmed plasterboard).

We're going to be using the largest mounting boxes we can, an preferably use conduit.

I was just wondering what the best way to fix to stud walls is, if i were to use a standard metal box, how should I attach that to the wall? I'd like to stay clear of the crappy plastic things that clip onto the plasterboard.
Sponsored Links
27 Aug 2003
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Yes, it did.

They do it to punish you for using obscenities. Mere bowdlerisation isn't enough for them - they want to make it look as though you can't spell, presumably hoping that you will be so ashamed by this that you will stop using such disgusting words. Quite right too - as we all know, many, many children read this site, and using a foul word like that could cause them immeasurable harm. Far better to screw up their ability to spell.

Interestingly, if you search the fora for "rubishy", you don't get any matches.

Search for the c-word, and you get loads, and when you view any of them, even though the URL says ...&highlight=c-word, it is the word "rubishy" which is highlighted.

The administrator is rubish - what can you do?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links