Mouse water damage and replacement advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spilt a glass of water across my desk at home the other day. Fortunately the cordless phone base, speakers, lamp, and keyboard seem fine but the mouse wasn't so lucky.

At first it wouldn't work at all, so I took it apart, cleaned it all out and left it to dry. Now it works fine in the vertical but moves the pointer in notches of about 50 pixels at a time in the horizontal.

Q1: Is this fixable, and how?

Q2: If not, any recommendations for a replacement? My only real "must haves" are a scroll wheel (I've got used to it for web-browsing and I don't think I could do without it now), and for it to be black to match the computer (vain I know).

Q3: Seen this on eBay but wondering why it's so cheap? Perhaps not real Sony?

Any advice welcome...

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
for the price of a new mouse i wouldn't bother with old one, ebay one looks ok, (not my style)

optical mouse with scroll wheel, very good (i have one)

I use a wireless optical mouse and find it MUCH better than a corded mouse. It also has a tilting wheel to scroll sideways as well as vertically, and 2 thumb buttons which I have set to page forward and back. Mice are so cheap now they are more or less disposable.

Well, bought the one from my eBay link. Ordered Mon PM and it arrived 8am Tues! (so there's an eBay seller I can recommend)

It's much better than the one I drowned, and perhaps I'm just a kid at heart but I love the pretty lights: (apologies for camera phone pic but my digital camera is flat)

1116977468_mouse.jpg

When I plugged it in I was so impressed I must have been raving about it out loud:

Cue boyfriend: "Calm down dear, it's only a mouse!"

Exit boyfriend stage left followed by a high velocity flying pillow...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i have tried a cordless mouse, found it heavy (due to battery weight) and unlike mice these ones eat batteries, but i suppose it depends how much you use it and brand of battery

Back