Moving a kitchen - moving stop cocks and drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm moving house to a 1930's terrace which has a very small kitchen next to a fair sized dining room (both on back of house). I'd like to have the two rooms knocked into one and then preferably swap over the kitchen and dining areas (just cos the layout would work better with the rest of the house and garden). But I realise that this could be expensive as the drains and main house water stop cock are currently on the outside kitchen wall. Is it even possible to move the main stop cock? How much work is likely to be to involved in moving drains etc - is it even possible to do this?

Any general advice appreciated.

Terstons_girl

Sponsored Links
It is possible to move both the drains and the incoming water main.

Your best bet is to get three estimates (or better still quotes) - if you know friends who have used the trades before then even better.

The cost will depend on the floor structure, the changes required and the accesibility of the existing services.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back