Moving a washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I would like to move our washing machine to a different room. This would be away from the normal location beside the sink and would mean the nearest mains water supply would be from the bathroom.

The waste would be no problem but will tapping in to the bathroom water supply have any ill effects, i.e low pressure etc?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
bad news i am sorry to say, you can not put any appliance in a bathroom

well you can, but you just can not use it (unless it is a pot stand)
the problem is that you have no where to plug it in, you can not have a socket in your bathroom.

it could be argued that you could permanently connect it, but any self respecting appliance service engineer will not work on it, as they can not un plug it (they come with moulded on plug as you are meant to plug it in)

The waste would be no problem but will tapping in to the bathroom water supply have any ill effects, i.e low pressure etc?
Providing you're not fitting the machine into the bathroom then using that water supply should not be a problem.

The machine senses when it has enough water so it is intelligent enough to compensate for water pressure.

Breezer, It's not going in the bathroom it's going on the other side of a wall which I'll be running the pipes through ;) . Cheers guys, looks like a goer :) .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back