moving cold water storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i'm going to move my cold water tank from an upstairs bedroom where it takes up a lot of space to the loft.

i'm going to buy one of these

http://www.water-tanks.net/acatalog/30_Gal___136_Litres_Water_Loft_Tanks__.html

which is supplied with a bylaw30 kit. is this the correct spec for current regs??

and i dont understand what the difference between a overflow pipe and a warning pipe is?? my plumbing book talks about them as being separate things.. any advice?

regards andy

Sponsored Links
A warning pipe will discharge water to forewarn of an impending overflow and cannot discharge water at the same rate as the inlet.

An overflow can discharge water at a rate equivalent to or greater than the inlet rate.

thanks,

so do i need to have both? my old tank just has an overflow, am i ok with just that as long as its >19mm.. and dischanges under the back eaves in a visable area.

A

Sponsored Links
cheers,

one last thing,
can the feed pipe exit from the side or does it have to come from the bottomof the tank?
A

andygodwin said:
cheers,

one last thing,
can the feed pipe exit from the side or does it have to come from the bottomof the tank?
A

A ny side that suits but some shower pump manufacturers ask that you put it opposite the ball valve entry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back