moving wooden shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to relocate a wooden shed that I erected myself some 10 years ago, it was originally supplied in kit form - 2 x sides, 2 x ends, 2 x roof panels and 1 x base. 8' x 6' in size.

The base isnt screwed to anything, would a few helpers be able to lift it to move or would I be better dismantling it and rebuilding it in its new position?

thanks

Sponsored Links
A couple of years ago I gave away our kids wendy house approx 6' x 6' and it was heavy to my next door neighbour, I've used a long length, 2 off, 3"x2" timber with a 1m overhang on each side on front and back and fixed it with 2 long screws into each corner post, the height of the timber should be about 6" lower than your hands when standing, so you only lift it about 6". You will need 4 people to do this. If it doesn't work then as you says, take it apart.

masona said:
A couple of years ago I gave away our kids wendy house approx 6' x 6' and it was heavy to my next door neighbour, I've used a long length, 2 off, 3"x2" timber with a 1m overhang on each side on front and back and fixed it with 2 long screws into each corner post, the height of the timber should be about 6" lower than your hands when standing, so you only lift it about 6". You will need 4 people to do this. If it doesn't work then as you says, take it apart.

this is exactly how i moved my shed to another part of the garden. mine is 8'x4' and, even without the base, was blinking heavy.

Sponsored Links
thats how we try to move them on jobs. If you need to undo it a lot them used to use bolts to fix them together. i normally cut them off and then screw it all together as the bolts normally sieze up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back