1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

mr central heating

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by timmy74, 1 Dec 2006.

1. PullerGas

PullerGas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I must dig out my 'Corgi' card.

Mr CH is a supplier, like every supplier. They've been about for ages, the service & price we get in Glasgow is excellent. Friendly staff too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. SteveP86

SteveP86

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bought a bunch of rads from these guys in Glasgow. When screwing in the valves no two matched. By that I mean some still had say 2 threads showing on the valve when tight and others the valve nearly disappeared inside the rad. One was so bad I had to flip the rad upside down and swap side panels over. I'm beginning to wonder if it's these dodgy radiators that are causing the system to fill up with air?!?

4. PullerGas

PullerGas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Steve, that's normal for most radiators. I do feel you're being a tad OCD. Water will leak out a threaded joint, so I wouldn't lose any sleep.
    I've never tried their radiators, but I know plenty of guys in the trade that are very happy with them.
    I'd always buy radiators very close to a job, as they're notoriously easy to damage when installing or out of the packaging.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I use them all the time for radiators and I have never had any problems, lads that work in there are a great bunch, I never use anywhere else for radiators

6. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yup, I'll +3 for the guys in Hillington, always a good bit of banter when in. Couldn't be more helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PullerGas

PullerGas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Years & years ago, they advertised in newspapers. I laminated the ad & carried it in the van, the Plumbers' Merchants loved me walking in with it in my hand & threatened to ram it up my arze on several occasions......:whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Started going to them when they were in the units next to the old Southside "brew" building just down from Eglington Toll :eek:, jesus, that was a while back.

9. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

10. Sponsored Links