msn messenger

B

breezer

mrs breezer thought it a good idea to get msn messenger (i didn't) so she got it (again) while i was not home, firsst time i removed it vial add/ remove progs, not too much trouble, she has got it afain, and it stopped me logging on to internet, and stopped emails from working.

i have win xp pro, i have now got it sorted, by my question is this:

has any one else had grief with msn (or similar) in that it changes things on your pc that you were not expecting it to even go near (she assures me she only downloaded msn, but i also found the msn toolbar, don't know if that is a free optional extra, but it too has now gone)

i read from old posts some had trouble logging onto msn, but with me was getting the pc to work that was the problem.

Sponsored Links
i have msn messenger on my comp and never have any problems with it. also usin XP. are you using msn messenger or windows messenger (windows messenger is the version that is already installed on XP. dont think you can remove it)

msn, but as i said, all was well untill mrs breezer downloaded it, i guess i was wondering has anyone else had as much grief with it as i did

No problems with it here, but you do need to tell her if she downloads it again to be sure to opt out of the "free smileys, toolbar/whatever other b*llocks". I have a clean version running here, no spy/adware and it doesn't interfere with anything else.

Sponsored Links
The last few releases of MSN Messenger have included the MSN toolbar. You can choose not to install it, but unsurprisingly the default option is to include it. :rolleyes:

GrantF
The last few releases of MSN Messenger have included the MSN toolbar. You can choose not to install it, but unsurprisingly the default option is to include it
And is there as a default, it needs to be unselected.

download XP-antispy...that disables it (as well as a load of other microsoft 'spyware')..!

just 'google XP antispy'

Back