my latest "project" with added picture

B

breezer

I was thinking the garden always looks too dark at night, simple answer some lights, but which?

Dont want to cost a fortune in lecy, want something not brought from the shops.

:idea:

must be leds.

cut 40mm push fit length ways fit leds from underside (see tools and materials post) ................gave up

:idea:

Trunking :)

bear in mind this is the prototype

gn-yel.jpg

good idea / bad idea?

MkII will use white leds

Sponsored Links
is it fixed to a fencepost? What's the supply from?

Personally I like photocell CFL lanterns, but I'm not very adventurous.

it is fixed to a fence post, it is MKI

supply is from a transfomer in the shed

remeber its a prototype to see how well it does / doesn't work.

(yes I do know you are supposed to run leds from dc, but this way they last twice as long :LOL: )

I think it could work, but would look better if you can recess the trunking into the post so all you see is the flush fitting LEDs.

With low powered lighting in the garden isn't the tendancy to lay it horizontally along paths, walls, etc. ?

Sponsored Links
its still MK 1,

how / why would you want to flush it into a concrete post?

MKII will be the same colour as the post, and no i am not going to put it along the path, I want to be different , so vertical with white leds it is then.

breezer said:
(yes I do know you are supposed to run leds from dc, but this way they last twice as long :LOL: )

Not unless you have a diode in series with them. LEDs have a maximum reverse bias voltage, exceed that (i.e. by applying AC) and they'll soon fail. Putting a diode in series after the transformer but before the anode of the LEDs will chop the AC sine wave so that only the positive half is present, hence no reverse bias.

MKII edition 1 is now working :)

led2.jpg

didnt have any paint same colour as fence :cry:

i must admit, i am well impressed, i can see in the garden now

Mk 1 looks like an interesting take on traffic calming!

'Go, get ready, GO, get ready, GO, Get ready....'

:LOL: :LOL:

Most hingenious! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back