Myson Power Extra ME322

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My Radiators have not worked for 2 days, although I have noticed that a buzzing noise has been coming from the airing cupboard where the boiler is. I have turned up the thermostat, messed about with the ON/OFF switches/timer in the kitchen, all to no avail.

I have just seen this white box on a pipe coming into/out (?) of the tank called a Myson Power Extra. I decided for whatever reason to move the switch up the side of it and within a few mins, I had heat ! I let go and the switch moved back down again and fortunately the radiators have remained ON. Perhaps this is the equivalent of banging the TV when it doesn't work, to find it 'mends itself'.

Can this be explained and what do you suggest ?

Also, If I had a radiator leak, which I haven't (touch wood), how do I turn off the water going into the radiator system/tank. I guess that a pipe comes out of the tank (top or bottom ?) that supplies the water to both upstairs and downstairs (one pipe or two ?). I know that I have 3 red taps near the tank (somewhere amongst the many many many pipes) so I guess one of these will do the trick. Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Natasha

Sponsored Links
are you sure its not mp322? just change it anyway they are not very reliable.

easiest way to be sure of stopping a bad water leak from flooding you home is to turn off the mains stopcock. that way there is no confusion.

Central heating cold fill is usually (not always) the 15mm gate valve. You need to trace this back to the f&e tank in loft to make sure. But then will it work when you need it?

OK thanks. This morning my radiators did not come on again. I had to switch them off (hot water and radiators), then I was able to pull up the switch at the side of the valve thing (diverter?) and they are working again now (its almost like I am jump starting it !).

I think I will call a plumber now to get it changed. How much would it cost ?

Natasha - Bolton

Sponsored Links
depends but it wont be megabucks.

try to get him to put a different complete valve on. might be more expensive just now but that valve will break down a lot so you should save in the long term.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back