Nailing Roof Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically my house is a 2 storey detached - the roof is all marley modern roof tiles but when the house was constructed, none of the tiles were nailed down, they were all just interlocked and then held at each side of the roof by metal clips.

When the storms came about at the start of the year we lost about 20 tiles including 7 ridge tiles.

So what is the best plan for nailing the tiles - do they have to be drilled before nailing as I am worried that just nailing them straight off could break them??

Also do I nail every third tile or what??

Help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
dont know about your tiles, but once much to my amazement i watched a builder push up every third tile (vertcally) to make steps so he could get up the roof, he said its quite common to be able to do this, he just pulled them back down when finished

Look on the Marley website.............Every little ting gonna be allright :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back