Need concrete repair help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a two piece bird bath that belonged to my Grandma. It is well over 50yrs old and has developed a crack in the bowl.

The bowl is approximately 80-100lbs and about 1-2in thick, the crack started on one side and now goes across. On one side the crack is all the way through and the bird bath is leaking all of it's water in one-two days.

I stood at Home Depot and got cross-eyed trying to figure out which stuff to use. Some of the "fixes" require making the crack larger(I don't want the bowl to break). I found one that you could use on swimming pools but then you need to seal it. The sealant comes in one gallon quantities!

I also do not want to use anything that will harm the birds.

Any ideas of what to use?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a two piece bird bath that belonged to my Grandma. It is well over 50yrs old and has developed a crack in the bowl.

The bowl is approximately 80-100lbs and about 1-2in thick, the crack started on one side and now goes across. On one side the crack is all the way through and the bird bath is leaking all of it's water in one-two days.

I stood at Home Depot and got cross-eyed trying to figure out which stuff to use. Some of the "fixes" require making the crack larger(I don't want the bowl to break). I found one that you could use on swimming pools but then you need to seal it. The sealant comes in one gallon quantities!

I also do not want to use anything that will harm the birds concrete repair Salt Lake City.

Any ideas of what to use?
thanks in advance for any help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is an English forum - you'd probably be better on a domestic one due to differing product available.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Use a silicone mastic product (in a tube used with a caulk gun) to seal cracks. Clear or stone colour

Use an epoxy cement product (powder in a bag or a box) or in a tube like toothpaste to fix chips.

Use an epoxy adhesive to stick bits back together

You may need to break the bath to then stick it back together, depending on how bad the cracking is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local